Saturday, May 8, 2010

One More Day . . .

Today I'm rather leisurely attacking my final "To Do" list, most of it somehow making use of technology of one sort or another.

Let's see: Access maps and information for sites in England, arrange flights and check in with airline, make a train reservation, figure out bus schedules, pay bills, send vacation hold for mail and newspapers, finish creating this blog (all online); send itinerary to family, make arrangements for seeing nieces and friends (e-mail and Facebook); recharge batteries for cell phone, camera, and laptop . . .

How did they do all of this twenty or thirty years ago? I guess people got information and arranged plans over the phone and with travel books (both of which I also used), they didn't have little gadgets that needed charged batteries, and they sent postcards instead of writing a blog or sending e-mails. Well, there may be a few postcards, but I hope you like the blog!

Notice I said "they." A trip like this wasn't even close to being on my radar twenty or thirty years ago during my happy, fulfilling days of mothering little ones! Happy Mother's Day, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment