Monday, May 10, 2010

Made it to Bath

Well, here I am! The plane trip was smooth, Heathrow was more manageable than anticipated, and the bus through the English countryside to get to Bath was uneventful even though I didn't have a good sense of where I was going. Once I arrived in this surprisingly bustling town, I had to figure out where my B&B was in relation to the bus station, which eneded up being another adventure.

But now I'm settled into these very lovely accommodations in someone's home, with two rooms of my own, looking out over The Assembly Rooms , a famous site in Bath. Crisp fresh inviting linens, a closet and bathroom with heated towel rails, sweet English amenities - and she just brought me a tray of tea!

I'm trying to shake the fatigue so I can go out exploring tonight.

4 comments:

  1. Sounds so lovely! I hope they gave you clotted cream to go with your tea and scones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah you! Made it to England. We are looking forward to meeting up with you in London on Thursday. At the moment we are in a little Irish village on the far western coast. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how fun!! You are such an adventurous one! I am living vicariously through you!! This is so cool that you are blogging. Have a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still looking for some "clotted cream" and hope to find it any day now!
    My biggest problem today (other than the lack of clotted cream!) is finding the time and the wifi connection to do this!

    ReplyDelete